Tentative Midterm Exam
Second Year Speaking1 conversation, 1 listening exercise and 6 questions from Brian: 2 from each unit
1) Ask and answer two questions about the other student's past (p14).
2) Arrange to meet your classmate this weekend for lunch (p21). Refuse the first suggestion but accept the second suggestion.
3) Ask and answer two questions about diet and food.
4) Ask and answer three questions each about a lucky event (p33).
Listen to the conversation and answer 4 Multiple Choice questions and 4 fill-in-the-blank questions.
1) Picture: What is their relationship? (example picture below - exam pic will be different!)
2) Tell Brian three things about your typical (not exams) day.
3) Ask Brian two past tense questions.
4) Tell Brian three things about your past.
1) Tell Brian about a favorite food. How does it taste?
2) Taste this food. How does it taste - use two or more taste words from the mnemonic we did in class?
3) Compare two pictures. Note 4 differences (p23). (example picture below - exam pic will be different!)
4) Tell Brian 5 things about your health.
5) Tell Brian about three things in Korea or your life that are the best or worst or otherwise superlative.
1) What do Koreans do for luck? Do you have a lucky shirt or talisman?
2) If you won 10,000 won, what would you do? 100,000 won? 1,000,000 won? 10,000,000 won?
3) Tell Brian how you felt when you saw the magic trick. Use 'Doubt', 'bet', 'unlikely', maybe' or 'perhaps'. in your answer.
4) Does your blood type affect your behavior? Tell Brian why or why not. \Use 'figure out', 'solve', 'investigate', 'theory', 'make sense' or 'proof'' in your answer.
5) Do aliens exist? Tell Brian why you think so (p42).